Welcome to West Essex Teaching School Alliance
St John’s CE Primary School achieved Teaching School status in April 2013, with Burnt Mill Academy gaining Teaching School status in September 2014.
We believe that collaboration is at the heart of the teaching school model. Working together, the Alliance will deliver support for other schools in their wider network to:
- Lead the development of school-led initial teacher training (ITT), through a range of providers delivering School Direct or PgCE programmes.
- Lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development (Continuing Professional Development - CPD), providing a range of courses and programmes in response to local needs
- Identify and develop leadership potential (succession planning and talent management)
- Provide support for other schools through school-to-school support (S2SS)
- Designate and broker Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs) and Local Leaders of Education tp provide S2SS
- Engage in research and development activity
Throughout all of the above roles, exceptional teaching and learning is the core theme.