Maintaining your Single Central Register (3 Feb '21)
- Date: Wednesday 3rd February 2021
- Time: 9:30 am - 12:30pm
- Venue: Online via MS Teams
- Cost: £70
- Book here: https://forms.gle/aMnoj3vNSMWEPg929
- Trust HR Managers/HR officers /administrators who maintain the SCR
- Governors/Trustees who ensure compliance of the SCR
- HTs/ DHTs
Are you responsible for maintaining the SCR in your Academy/MAT? Are you a governor, trustee or leader responsible for monitoring the SCR?
This course is essential for you to:
- ensure your knowledge is up to date regarding the requirements of the SCR and the current statutory guidance;
- ensure the SCR for your Academy/MAT is in the most appropriate format and contains all the required statutory information; and
- ensure those who oversee the SCR are confident in their knowledge and know how to review the SCR.
The SCR is a key statutory requirement for ensuring safer recruitment procedures/checks are recorded accurately in schools. It is often the first document Ofsted will look at when they inspect your school and errors can derail the inspection from the outset. This course is essential for those responsible for the SCR and will provide valuable knowledge and resources to ensure their SCR is compliant and fit for purpose.
A 3 hour session by trainers highly experienced in reviewing SCR’s and with an in-depth knowledge of the statutory guidance. Small group sessions will enable delegates to ask specific questions and practical discussions between the trainer and delegates. This course is essential for those responsible for the SCR and will provide valuable knowledge and resources to ensure their SCR is compliant and fit for purpose.
At the end of the workshop delegates will:
- have a thorough knowledge of the key requirements of the ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (Part 3) relating to the SCR;
- be confident in recording the required pre-employment checks on their Single Central Record for their Academy/MAT;
- be confident in how to record different categories of staff across the MAT; and
- be fully prepared to review and monitor the SCR on an ongoing basis.